How I turned my gaming PC into an arcade machine - Games online

game online

Trending

Monday, December 26, 2022

How I turned my gaming PC into an arcade machine

How I turned my gaming PC into an arcade machine

I love arcade games. There’s no feeling like going down to a seaside town, and hearing the loud and obnoxious classics with their speakers whacked on full. For some, it may be hell to play on machines everyone else has abused over the years, but for me, these are my childhood. About five years ago, I had the lofty goal of bringing these arcade classics to my gaming PC, but only if I could play them roughly as intended.

For on-rail FPS games, I need a light gun; for racing games, a wheel; and for fighting games, an arcade stick. Very early on in the project, I had three classic arcade games I wanted to set up the devices for. These were Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Sega Rally Championship, and any of The House of the Dead series. However, my scope has now expanded to four, with the other game being Time Crisis. The key challenge was that I wanted to use official ports made to run on my gaming PC or use officially re-released versions of the classic games before resorting to emulating the original arcade games.

MORE FROM PCGAMESN: Best SSD for gaming, How to build a gaming PC, Best gaming CPU

from PCGamesN https://ift.tt/zD6Hir3

No comments:

Post a Comment